Wilderness Scotland is a specialist adventure travel company offering an inspiring range of holidays, journeys and wilderness experiences in the most remote and beautiful regions of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Established in 2001, our professional team of guides and office staff know the wild places of Scotland better than anyone. We offer the following holidays in Scotland:
- Guided Walking Holidays in Scotland
- Self Guided Walking Holidays in Scotland
- Sea Kayaking Holidays and Courses in Scotland
- Canoeing Holidays in Scotland
- Sailing Holidays in Scotland
- Mountain Biking Holidays in Scotland
- Photography Holidays in Scotland
- Winter Walking holidays and courses in Scotland
- Ski Touring holidays and courses in Scotland
- Family Holidays in Scotland
- School Expeditions and Activity Breaks in Scotland
- Bespoke holidays in Scotland
- Charity Challenges in Scotland
- Corporate Events in Scotland
Our innovative and professional approach has led us to be recognised as the leading provider of adventure holidays in Scotland, both by our clients and by the industry. In 2009, we were named the No.1 Adventure Travel Company in Europe by National Geographic Magazine.
We share a passion for the Highlands and Islands and are committed to providing our clients with excellent customer service and the best possible experience of Scotland.
A Trip to Remember
Our service is defined by passion, knowledge and attention to detail. We believe that there is no substitute for experience and in booking with Wilderness Scotland you can be sure that you are joining a holiday that has been exhaustively researched and personally assessed for its style and quality.
In choosing Wilderness Scotland, you can also be sure that you are travelling with a company that takes its commitment to sustainable tourism seriously. We operate to the highest environmental standards are a committed to supporting the local economies and communities in which we operate. We are the only adventure travel company in the UK to hold the Green Tourism Gold Award and have won many other awards in recognition of innovative approach and commitment to sustainable tourism.
We are the only adventure travel company in Scotland to hold the Green Tourism Gold Award and have won many other awards in recognition of our innovative approach and commitment to sustainable tourism. In 2007, we were named Best Green Tour Operator in the World Travel Awards. Most recently in 2009, we were awarded 5 Star Responsible Tourism status by AITO.
We are passionate about wild places and adventurous travel. This can be seen from our holidays which include adventures such as Wilderness Walking in Knoydart and Sea-Kayaking in the Summer Isles. At the core of our business is a spirit and enthusiasm to explore and journey through the wild places of Scotland; a willingness to share such experiences with others; and to realise the positive socio-economic and environmental benefits of sustainable tourism.
Our mission is to provide inspiring, memorable and high quality adventure travel experiences, which benefit the local environments and communities in which we work.
In pursuing this mission, we strive to fulfil the following objectives:-
- Sustainability & Responsibility - to create a model business with an ongoing commitment to the principles of sustainable and responsible tourism. Through this model, we aim to make a positive and lasting contribution to the communities and wilderness environments in which we conduct our business activities.
- Knowledge and Passion - to provide clients with an unforgettable experience of wilderness and wild places, applying our knowledge, expertise and passion.
- Excellence in customer service - to provide clients with an outstanding level of service from start to finish. In addition to knowledge and passion, our service will be defined by expertise and attention to detail throughout.
- High quality and added value - to deliver a high quality and added value service across all aspects of our business.
- Innovation - to provide clients with a wide and varied holiday experience in the wild places and wilderness locations. To seek continuous innovation in product, service and business practice which is clearly differentiated.
- Performance - to foster a progressive, entrepreneurial, professional and team based work environment and achieve sustainable business growth to the benefit of all stakeholders in the business.
For further information on our vision for sustainable and responsible tourism, please refer to the "Sustainable Tourism" page of this website.
Cairngorms National Park
Scotland, PH22 1QH
Tel: 01479 420020
© 2013 Wilderness Scotland