Lake Malawi - The Lake of the Stars
Sorry our dates for this trip have passed, we will release next years dates shortly.
£3275, Grade: green
Lake Malawi, Liwonde National Park and Likoma island
- Explore wonderful Lake Malawi, the most beautiful of the Great Rift Valley Lakes
- Stay in a luxurious camp on secluded Mumbo island, 8 miles off the coast of Cape Maclear in a wonderful setting on Lake Malawi
- Enjoy the finest safari camp in Malawi, the charming Mvuu lodge on the banks of the Shire river in Liwonde National Park
- Journey north by light aircraft over the azure blue waters of Lake Malawi to magical Likoma Island, with it’s wonderful baobab trees and remote fishing communities, where you will stay at the luxurious Kaya Mawa
Visiting Lake Malawi
Lake Malawi is a vast and beautiful expanse of clear blue water and is a feature which sets Malawi apart from many other Africa countries. Our Lake of the Stars itinerary featuring Mumbo Island, Liwonde National Park and Kaya Mawa on Likoma island is to experience Malawi in style.
Having visited all accommodations on this itinerary myself, I can say that Malawi offers a subtley different experience to other destinations in Africa. The wildlife in Liwonde is superb, however the highlight of Malawi for me is incredible Lake Malawi which feels more like the ocean, yet one is aware of being in the heart of Africa.
Download Your Trip Dossier
If you would like to instantly download a copy of our PDF Trip Dossier which contains full details about this itinerary, please complete the form below:
Dossier Download - What's Included
- All info in one document
- Print-friendly format
- Full kit list
- Details of the meeting point
SIMILAR TRIPSOther trips that you may wish to consider
Cairngorms National Park
Scotland, PH22 1QH
Tel: 01479 420020
© 2013 Wilderness Scotland