HELP & ADVICE
ACTIVITIES - SEA KAYAKING
Sea Kayaking Holidays, Courses and Expeditions in Scotland
Our sea kayaking holidays and courses offer a wonderful way to explore the coastlines of the Highlands and Islands.
For people with little or no experience of sea kayaking, our Introduction course is a perfect short break, allowing you to learn the basic skills required for more challenging and adventurous trips. This course is based from a private bunkhouse so you always have somewhere warm and dry to return to at the end of the day!
The rest of our sea kayaking holidays are journeys through some of the most beautiful coastal scenery in Scotland. These are 5 or 6 day expeditions, wild camping on remote beaches and islands - a genuine wilderness experience. These trips have a pre-requisite of 4 days prior experience, with more challenging trips requiring a minimum of 10 days experience
We also offer a number of international sea kayaking trips to the world's wild places, enabling you to explore the world from your sea kayak!
Our sea kayaking holidays and courses include the following itineraries (click on the links for further information):
Green & Blue graded trips for beginners and novices:
- Sea Kayaking for Families Group Holiday (Green)
- Introduction to Sea Kayaking Course (Green)
- West Coast Explorer (Blue)
Blue graded trips for improvers and intermediates (no camping):
- Scottish Sea Kayak Trail South: The Whisky Coast
- Scottish Sea Kayak Trail Central: Jacobite Coast
- Scottish Sea Kayak Trail North: The Gaelic Coast
Blue & Red graded trips for intermediates and above (camping expeditions):
- Sea Kayaking in the Sound of Arisaig (Blue)
- Sea Kayaking in the Summer Isles (Blue)
- Sea Kayaking in the Outer Hebrides (Red)
- Sea Kayaking in Skye, Raasay and Rona (Red)
- Sea Kayaking in the Orkney Isles (Red)
- Sea Kayaking in Shetland (Red)
Private Sea Kayaking Trips and Expeditions:
We also offer private trips and bespoke trips which can be graded according to your requirements, for details, click here.
- International Trip: Ireland - Irish Sea Kayak Trail West - Following the Pirate Queen
- International Trip: Sea Kayaking in Turkey
- International Trip: Norway - Helgeland Coast
Our Trip Grades and What to Expect
To help you choose the exact right trip for you, we have devised our own Trip grading system. This organises our trips by difficult and comfort level. We have produced an inspiring video to help explain our Sea Kayaking trip grades and what to expect during a typical day on one of these trips.
Our Most Popular Sea Kayaking Holidays
Latest Trip Reviews
Posted on 07/11/2013
"The weather on my trip was terrible but we always had something great to see and do. The scenery when we travelled further north truly took my breath away!! I love the holidays that you provide."
Posted on 23/10/2013
Cairngorms National Park
Scotland, PH22 1QH
Tel: 01479 420020
© 2014 Wilderness Scotland