*** Applications for this role have closed and ***
*** this page is now for reference only ***
Would you like to join the Wilderness Scotland team? Do you have a great attention to detail, a passion for outstanding service and a love of adventure? Can you use your creative flair to describe our adventures in appealing trip proposals? Is being based in the Cairngorms National Park a bit of a dream location?
If the answer to these questions is a YES then keep on reading.
This position will play a pivotal role in the company, working alongside Adventure Consultants to ensure that our trade partners receive timely responses to proposal requests. You’ll also prepare client final information documents, ensuring that our clients have all the information they need ahead of their adventure.
- Role – Sales Support to Adventure Consultant (B2B)
- Location – Aviemore
- Type – Full time, permanent
- Office Time – 95% In the field – 5%
- Salary – £17,000-£22,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Recognised in 2018 as a Great Place to Work and a Great Place to Work for Women
What We’re Looking For
Working as part of the sales team, you will use your creative writing and solid numeracy skills to prepare itineraries and quotes for our many trade partners from around the world. Your natural sales focus will ensure that you follow up with partners to help close enquiries after proposals have been sent. When a trip is booked, you’ll prepare the clients final information documents, as well as answer any further questions that they may have. You will work with a wide range of partners and suppliers as you support the sales and booking process with your efficient administration skills. Essential to this role are strong writing skills, the ability to respond quickly to requests while managing a busy workload, and a customer-focussed approach to working. Good knowledge of the various regions of Scotland, and some of the activities we offer our clients, would also be an advantage
While we have a lot of fun at Wilderness Scotland, our team is 100% focused on delivering 5 Star world-class client experiences. As such, the successful candidate will bring a professional and high-energy approach with an unwavering focus in all aspects of the client travel experience.
What You Can Expect
Based from an modern, purpose built, warehouse style office in Aviemore in the Cairngorms National Park, we offer a special combination of interesting work, career opportunity and supportive culture in which to thrive as an individual and team member. We have steadily grown over the past five years and plan to continue this growth path, which in turn, will offer a wide range of opportunities for all staff. Not only that, we have also been recognised as the 8th Best Small UK Workplace & 6th Best Small UK Workplace for Women in the 2018 Great Place to Work awards scheme.
Wilderness Scotland is a company whose aim is to break new ground and set the worldwide standard for what adventure travel should be. We commit with passion to providing our customers with the most inspiring experiences of their lives, ensuring our experiences are delivered sustainability, promoting the value of wild places, setting new standards for tourism experiences and creating a rewarding, meaningful and truly fun place to work.
Being part of Wilderness Scotland is more than just a job. It means being part of a dynamic team that are always seeking new ways in which we can improve. The successful applicant will thrive in this fast paced environment and within the team but will be encouraged to bring new ideas and enthusiasm to the role and the company as a whole. You can read a bit more about us in our Culture Book to get a real feel for what we are about.
The Employment Package
- Full time permanent employment
- £17,000-£22,000 per annum dependant on knowledge and experience
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays per annum
- 1 week’s Wilderness Scotland trip per annum
- Company Contributed Ethical Stakeholder Pension
- Company Health Plan (after qualifying period)
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Flexible working
- A wide range of industry discounts including outdoor clothing / equipment, travel and insurance
How to Apply
Please send a CV and 1 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should detail the following:
1/ The relevant experience you can bring to this role
2/ How you will enhance the performance of our Sales Team
3/ In 60 words, describe an active day in the Scottish Highlands from start to finish, featuring any activity and any location you like.
To informally discuss the position please call 01479 420 020 and ask to speak to Kirsty or Karl. The closing date for applications is Sunday 21st October 2018. Applications will be acknowledged in brief upon receipt. Further contact will be made in late October 2018 once the deadline has passed. The start date for this role will be Monday 7th January 2019.
Whilst the details below do not cover every element of the Sales Support role, they do provide a general overview of what you can expect from the role.
Aviemore – 95% office based, 5% in the field
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Write trip proposals and prepare quotes following a brief from an Adventure Consultant, allowing the Adventure Consultant to respond to our trade partners within 48 hours.
- Following the company sales processes to ensure that we reach ambitious sales targets, while always being sure to create trips for clients which fit within our company ethics and style
- Communicate directly with trade partners, following up after we’ve sent proposals and, once trips are confirmed, ensuring we receive key information from them in a timely manner
- Providing an exceptional level of client care at all stages of the sales process
- Ensuring that clients receive all relevant information in a timely manner
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience gained within the travel and tourism industry, ideally in sales and administration
- Excellent ITC skills with experience of cloud based CRM systems, ideally Salesforce, as well as Google Apps and Mac applications
- Knowledge of Scotland and the travel and tourism industry, ideally possessing a good understanding of the adventure travel sector
- Experience of dealing with all parts of the tourism supply chain including accommodation, transport and other service providers
- Practical experience of all or most of the activities offered by Wilderness Scotland would be an advantage
- Knowledge and familiarity of the wild places of the Highlands and Islands, as well as Northern England, would also be an advantage.
- A creative mind and excellent writing skills, which allows you to create itineraries which will match the client’s aspirations while being deliverable and in line with our style of travel and working practices
- Solid numeracy skills, enabling you to work with Mac programs to prepare accurate quotes for proposals
- Proven ability to follow sales processes and meet ambitious sales targets, prioritising tasks and maintaining attention to detail during times of pressure
- Highly developed inter-personal skills, awareness and emotional intelligence with an ability to develop and sustain business relationships.
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working in teams with a diverse range of individuals
- A strong and clear commitment to customer service excellence and “extra mile” delivery
- Excellent attention to detail, even when faced with multiple tasks
- A genuine interest and passion for Scotland, wild places and adventure.
Partner Program Manager (Sales)