This position fills a key role within the Wilderness Scotland team.
It requires experience of the various activities offered by Wilderness Scotland, as well as good practical knowledge about the various regions of the Highlands and Islands where we operate. Working closely with the rest of the sales team, the Adventure Consultant handles enquiries from existing and prospective clients, by phone and email, relating to our range of fixed date departures and self-guided itineraries. It involves answering questions and advising clients on trip options to suit their requirements and ability, as well as taking bookings. The Adventure Consultant also looks after much of the sales admin process, entering client details to our CMS, following up with leads which have gone cold and handling any pre-trip enquiries that clients may have after booking.
While we have a lot of fun at Wilderness Scotland, our team is 100% focused on delivering 5 Star world-class client experiences. As such, the successful candidate will bring a professional and high-energy approach with an unwavering focus in all aspects of the client booking and travel experience.
What You Can Expect
At Wilderness Scotland we are working hard to become one of the leading adventure travel companies in the world. This doesn’t mean one of the biggest but it does definitely mean one of the best. We have a passion for delivering inspiring client experiences and are always seeking ways in which we can improve our performance. Based from a great location in Aviemore in the Cairngorms National Park, we offer a special combination of interesting work, career opportunity and supportive culture in which to thrive as an individual and team member. We have steadily grown over the past five years and plan to continue this growth path which, in turn, will offer a wide range of opportunities for all staff.
The employment package on offer for this position is as follows:
- £16,000-£20,000 per annum dependant on experience
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays per annum
- 1 week’s fully paid Wilderness Scotland trip per annum
- Company Contributed Ethical Stakeholder Pension (after qualifying period)
- Company Health Plan (after qualifying period)
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme and Bike to Work Scheme
- Flexible working with particular support for parents
- A wide range of industry discounts including outdoor clothing / equipment, travel and insurance
How to Apply
Please send a CV and 1 page cover letter to [email protected] The cover letter must detail the three reasons why you think someone should book a holiday with Wilderness Scotland. To informally discuss the position please call 01479 420 020 and ask to speak to Stevie Christie. The closing date for applications is 28 February 2015.
Location: Aviemore – 95% office based
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Handling client enquiries relating to our programme of fixed date departures and self-guided itineraries.
- Following the company sales processes to ensure that we reach ambitious sales targets, while always being sure to place the right clients on the right trip.
- Working with senior members of the sales team to ensure that all leads are followed up in line with our sales process
- Working with the Operations Team to ensure that they have all the relevant client details into our system before trip logistics are finalised.
- Providing an exceptional level of client care at all stages of the sales process.
- Ensuring that the website and relevant materials are up to date with the latest trip information.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 1 years relevant sales experience, ideally gained within the travel industry.
- Practical experience of all or most of the activities offered by Wilderness Scotland.
- Practical experience of the various regions of the Highlands and Islands where Wilderness Scotland operates.
- Detailed knowledge of Scotland and the travel and tourism industry, ideally possessing a good understanding of the adventure travel sector.
- Proven ability to follow sales processes and meet ambitious sales targets, prioritising tasks and maintaining attention to detail even during times of pressure.
- Highly developed inter-personal skills, awareness and emotional intelligence with an ability to development and sustain client relationships.
- A strong and clear commitment to customer service excellence and “extra mile” delivery.
- A genuine interest and passion for Scotland, wild places and adventure.
Reporting to: Team Leader