The team predominantly follows a content marketing strategy to inspire travellers to consider their brands and therefore this role encapsulates the wide range of responsibilities and tasks linked to that approach. These include:
- Media Management – Photo tagging, retouching & gallery management, as well as trip photo management.
- Social Media Support – Image selection, copywriting, scheduling and moderation/engagement.
- Website Maintenance – Fundamental SEO techniques, featuring trips and tours, link building and web page creation.
- Assisting with Content Creation & Distribution – Researching, writing and editing cross-channel, first-draft content as well as distributing said content across relevant channels.
- Proofreading – An essential part of our quality assurance process is proofreading and this role would play an important part in this.
- Ad-Hoc Support – You will reasonably be expected to provide support in the following areas:
- PR and media requests
- Broader team support in line with your flexible skillset
It is desirable for the candidate to be proficient in photoshop or similar photo editing software. On a daily basis this will involve the on and offline management of our photo library filing and tagging system, including retouching and cropping to improve the impact of our photography.
Social Media Support
Closely linked to media management, trending topics and campaign planning, the social media support will involve multiple relevant channels. You will select appropriate inspiring imagery based on exceptional product knowledge of the areas in which we operate, write creative/informative copy and schedule posts for each of the Wilderness Group brands. This will also include the moderation and engagement of comments.
Assisting with Content Creation & Distribution
Considering SEO, writing for the web, alongside inspirational and persuasive copywriting techniques the successful candidate will write copy for use in email, web pages, social posts and a range of supporting documents. This will include writing from experience, deep research and drawing on product knowledge to create first draft copy. You will edit content from a range of contributing authors and then distribute new and existing content across channels as appropriate with the content plan.
You will be responsible for the creation and editing of web pages using WordPress. It is desirable that you have relevant experience in using a CMS and CRM system in order to maintain our suite of websites. The candidate will demonstrate and employ a range of SEO techniques to ensure that the fundamentals are covered in line with existing processes. As larger content pieces are developed, it will be your responsibility to build links via outreach.
In order to maintain the highest standards of published content, you must be able to proofread your own work and that of others, drawing on a high command of English, product knowledge and messaging.
The successful candidate will be joining a high-performing, collaborative team. You will have a curious mind and a commitment to continued professional development.