Open Canoeing Holidays
Book your activity holiday with Europe's No.1 Adventure Travel Company - Wilderness Scotland
Our open canoeing holidays are a superb way to discover and explore the wilderness regions of Scotland.
Gliding down a meandering river or across a glass-calm loch, admiring mountain views all around are some of the joys of canoeing in Scotland.
Our trips give you the chance to do just that, either staying in hotels (look for the ‘classic’ comfort grade) or wilderness camping on the water’s edge.
Our two-person canoes are easy to handle so you can easily learn the key skills from our expert guides during the trip. Our hotel based trips are the perfect way to try canoeing in comfort. If you choose a camping trip, you will love loading up the canoe and pushing off into the wild, without the weight on your back! Canoeing on the River Spey is so good that we offer two trips – one with camping and the other staying in hotels!
Canoeing is a wonderful past-time, and our range of trips offer something for every taste and ability.
Oh! The whole experience but you're asking for 'a moment' so I'll try. This trip was my 60th birthday present from my partner; there was a feeling for me of life opening out, being at ease, joy in being alive and joy in the landscape and wildlife. I talk a lot in my job and it was lovely to have long long periods of silence.
A moment: the paddle on Loch Ness on the last evening; being part of the landscape, the water, the sky, the timelessness of the place.
This trip exceeded my expectations and this really was down to our 2 guides .... Amazing scenery.... Great food.... Fab company... Great campfire and canoe singing.... Wonderful lunches on a secluded beach. Thank you for a wonderful time.
Rated 4.8 out of 5 based on 48 reviews of CanoeingRead All Trip Reviews
If you find yourself overwhelmed by the choice, or if you have questions about your fitness or suitability for any of these holidays, please feel free to contact our office on +44 (0)1479 420020 or by email.
- Journey through a stunning network of remote lochs that lie within the magnificent amphitheatre of mountains in Inverpolly
- Camp on isolated beaches and islands with amazing panoramic views of Scotland's most iconic peaks
- Enjoy days exploring the high peaks on foot as well as paddling through Scotland's most beautiful wilderness region
- Explore Scotland's most famous whisky region as you paddle the length of the River Spey
- Develop the skills to manoeuvre through various river conditions from gentle bends to challenging rapids
- After a day on the water return to hot showers in our cosy hotel accommodation.
- Canoe from the west to the east coast through the spectacular Great Glen loch and river system - including some canoeing in Loch Ness
- Journey in the company of experienced wilderness canoe guides and develop your paddling skills en route
- Wild camping on the shores of some of Scotland's finest lochs with superb wilderness cooking throughout
Location: Cairngorms and Central Highlands
- Enjoy the best canoe trips in Scotland, returning to a cosy hotel each night
- Paddle classic Scottish rivers such as the Rivers Spey, Glass and Beauly
- Enjoy warm hospitality and great meals in carefully chosen small hotels
Price: from £895View Trip Details
Wild Camping - Camping under the stars in spectacular locations near the waterway/shore. Some camps are wild with no facilities while some have very basic facilities such as a toilet and cold running water.
Basic - These simple rustic accommodations in breath-taking locations have a warm and cosy feel with shared bathroom facilities, warm showers and comfortable beds.
Classic - Staying in 3 or 4 star hotels, guesthouses and Highland inns, you can enjoy warm hospitality along with a hot shower, great food and a comfortable bed at the end of a day.
Deluxe - Staying in 4 or 5 star hotels you can enjoy superior comfort and the finest service.
Luxury - Selected castles in locations across Scotland, each have their own character and you will be exceptionally well looked after in each of them.
Unconfirmed - This trip is not yet confirmed to run, if two people book this trip it will become confirmed.
Confirmed - This trip is confirmed to run so you can arrange travel plans.
Fully Booked - Sorry this trip is fully booked please try another date.
Accommodation is usually in twin or double rooms unless stated otherwise and we request that clients who book individually share a twin room. If however, you would like a single room this may be possible subject to availability and payment of a supplement (see Trip Dossier for details). If you select single, we will determine availability and advise you shortly after you have made booking.
Please provide any dietary requirements e.g. vegetarian, gluten free, no dairy
Please provide contact details for who we should call in the case of an emergency
Please provide a contact mobile number that will enable us to contact you should you not arrive at the start point on time
Your conservation contribution will go towards supporting the vital environmental protection and conservation of wild land undertaken by our nominated charity the John Muir Trust. Should you prefer not to pay this contribution, simply un-tick the box and the amount will be deducted from your payment. Full details of our conservation contribution scheme and the organisations we support can be found on our sustainable tourism pages.
Please advise us of any medical conditions relevant to a trip of this type eg. Asthma, autism, aspergers, bad knees, replacement hips, etc. All information will be kept in the strictest of confidence