Outer Hebrides and St Kilda
There is no better place to experience the combination of pristine scenery, intriguing culture and a way of life which doesn’t seem to have been caught up in the hustle and bustle of the 21st century.
A landscape of such outstanding beauty merges with megalithic history in a place where English is the second language. Together this makes a cultural omelette on the western edge of Europe that is a firm favourite with our travellers. In recognition of these outstanding elements National Geographic included our Outer Hebrides and Skye walking trip in their Top 50 Tours of a Lifetime.
Recommended things to see and do on your Outer Hebrides holiday:
- Explore the beauty of Luskentyre beach and many others – The Outer Hebrides is famous for its amazing beaches full of white sand and tropical turquoise waters
- Visit the historic Standing stones of Callanish – An astonishing structure that predates Stonehenge by approximately 2,000 years
- Watch Harris tweed being woven and treat yourself to a wonderful Hebridean souvenir
- Hike to the scenic Eilean Glas Lighthouse located on the Isle of Scalpay – a location that could only be accessed by boat until a bridge was opened in 1997
- Join us on Eriskay – the location of the renowned book and movies: Whisky Galore
- Take a day boat trip to St Kilda – a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit a stunning UNESCO World Heritage site
The journey to St Kilda is not an easy one. However, for the adventurously-minded traveler, the remoteness, extraordinary scenery, human and natural history all contribute to make a visit to these islands unquestionably an experience of a lifetime. If you are interested in visiting St Kilda, we can arrange this as part of a tailor made trip.