Wilderness Scotland Ltd is inclusive and all our office team, guides and guests should treat each other with respect. We do not tolerate comments or behaviour from the public or within the group that are racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, ageist, fatphobic or ‘othering’ and stereotype or generalise groups of people or individuals. We do not tolerate harassment, victimisation, discrimination or bullying.
Our commitment to you: Your contract is with Wilderness Scotland Ltd (hereinafter also referred to as “WS” or “we” or “us”), of Unit 3, Dalfaber Ind Est, Dalfaber Drive, Aviemore, PH22 1ST, registered in Scotland under Company No. 21101. All holidays you book with us are organised and sold subject to the conditions below.
1) To confirm your booking you are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the trip price. Your balance must be paid by the due date shown on your invoice or in correspondence and failure to do so may result in the cost being increased or ultimately cancellation. Once we receive your deposit, the contract between us will become binding and covers everyone you are booking on behalf of. After this, we will send you an invoice for the balance and advise you of the date for payment of the same. Brochure and website prices are quoted in UK Sterling. However payment will also be accepted in US Dollars and Euros by bank transfer (charges may apply). Payment will be accepted by:-
2) Any cancellation must be notified in writing by the person who made the booking. If you cancel your holiday:
a) more than 56 days prior to the start of your holiday, you will only be charged your deposit plus any insurance premium paid.
b) between 56 and 31 days, you will be charged 50% of the holiday cost plus any insurance premium paid.
c) less than 30 days before the start of your holiday or on or after the commencement of the holiday, you must pay the full holiday price plus any insurance premium paid.
Note: We appreciate that wholly unforeseen events may result in cancellation. We therefore strongly advise you to take out insurance against irrecoverable cancellation cost (see Point 8 below). You will be advised of the exact amount of any cancellation charge prior to the cancellation being finalised.
Note 2: On some private or custom trips our cancellation policy may vary to reflect any non-refundable payments made by Wilderness Scotland to accommodations or other suppliers.
3) Before you enter into a contract with us, we reserve the right to change any of the facilities, services or prices described in our brochure or website. We also reserve the right to cancel the holiday. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a trip is not fulfilled, we may have to cancel your holiday. It is unlikely we will have to make any changes to your holiday and any changes are usually very minor. If a major change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your holiday begins. A major change is an alteration of the start or finish time of your holiday by more than 12 hours, a change of holiday location or a change to a lower standard of accommodation. When a major change or cancellation occurs you will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, purchasing another available holiday from us, or cancelling your holiday. We will refund all payments made directly to us in respect of the holiday cost and travel insurance. We will not refund any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as flight payments for land-only trips, travel insurance, equipment purchases, visas, vaccinations etc. Where a major change or cancellation arises from circumstances amounting to force majeure (see below), we will endeavour to refund all sums as yet unpaid by us to our suppliers, however it is your responsibility to claim the remainder of any irrecoverable payments and charges from your travel insurers.
4) If a client, after booking onto a trip and paying a deposit and/or full payment, would like to change onto an alternative trip, an additional administration fee of £50 per person is charged as well as any non-refundable payments that Wilderness Scotland has made.. If the trip originally booked starts within 8 weeks of the request to change trips being made, any such change may be treated as a cancellation by the client, in which case the cancellation conditions in section 2 will apply.
5) Any information provided by Wilderness Scotland on such matters as climate, clothing, baggage, travel, accommodation, special equipment etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Wilderness Scotland.
6a) It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in this sort of trip and you accept that in visiting remote and mountainous regions there is an element of on-tour flexibility. The itinerary stated in the trip dossier is indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise. You must have a level of fitness commensurate with your chosen trip and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment, details of which will be sent to you at the time of booking. If, in the opinion of the Wilderness Scotland Guide or Staff, your fitness or equipment may compromise the safety of a trip we reserve the right to cancel or terminate your holiday. The full description of condition 6a also applies following an on-trip accident or injury, even if you are cleared to continue with physical activity by a medical professional. In these circumstances, you will not be entitled to a refund nor compensation.
6b) All minors travelling with Wilderness Scotland Ltd must do so with an adult parent or guardian who is responsible for their well being and behaviour throughout their holiday. Minors must not be left alone in the company of any other adult, in particular, their guide, at any time, the only exception being in emergency situations. All parents/guardians booking with Wilderness Scotland Ltd should consider this carefully before committing to an adventure holiday with minors in their care.
7) Accommodation is usually in twin or double rooms unless stated otherwise and we request that clients who book individually share a twin room. Where a single room is requested, we will try to accommodate this but a single supplement will often apply – please check at the time of booking. When making a booking you accept that this additional supplement may apply and, where appropriate, you will be advised and invoiced for the relevant amount. On some itineraries please note that no single accommodation is available.
8) We strenuously recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy as soon as you have booked your trip with us.
A travel insurance policy protects you and your holiday arrangements from the unexpected before and during your trip. It is your responsibility to make sure you have adequate cover and we are not able to offer advice on insurance. However, we recommend your policy should include cover for emergency medical costs, cancellation or curtailment of your trip, personal belongings/baggage and personal liability:
Some options for Travel Insurance Providers inculde:
However, we recommend you do your own research to find the best provider for you.
9) If you are affected by a medical condition which may affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the holiday, you must advise this at the time of booking. Similarly you must advise us of dietary requirements at the time of booking.
10) We will not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during (if you choose to leave) or after the holiday.
11) If you have a complaint about the holiday you should make it known to your guide/leader at the earliest opportunity. If you are on a trip without a guide, or if you do not feel that your guide has dealt with your complaint in a satisfactory manner, we encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible so that we can help find an agreeable solution during your trip. Any outstanding complaint not resolved during the trip should be notified to us in writing within 30 days of the scheduled date of return.
12) Wilderness Scotland will accept liability for the negligence of its employees causing direct physical injury to passengers only to the extent that it is obliged under Scottish law. We cannot be held responsible for any mishap to yourself or your property, and in particular for the consequences of flight cancellations, vehicle accidents, strikes, sickness, Government or customs or police intervention or other such happenings amounting to force majeure. Wilderness Scotland and its employees are covered by world-wide public liability insurance up to a maximum of £5,000,000 in any one event. By booking with us you acknowledge that we have taken all reasonable steps to safeguard its liability in this respect.
We shall not be liable for any damages caused by the total or partial failure to carry out the holiday if such failure is: attributable to anyone other than the Wilderness Scotland’s staff; unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributed to a third party unconnected to us; a result of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances, reasonably beyond the control of Wilderness Scotland; a result of an event which Wilderness Scotland or any of its agents, even with all due care, could not foresee. Where Wilderness Scotland are found to be liable for damages in respect of its failure to carry out the holiday, the maximum amount of such damages, compensation and loss of enjoyment will normally be limited to two times the cost of the trip. Where the damage relates to damage caused by the provision of road, rail, river or sea transport, or hotel accommodation, any compensation payable will be limited by the Athens Convention 1974 (sea), the Berne Convention 1961 (rail), and the Paris Convention 1962 (hotel accommodation). All air transport is undertaken entirely at your own risk. Any independent arrangements you make which are not part of the trip are entirely at your own risk.
13) Your financial security is guaranteed. Wilderness Scotland Ltd is a licensed and bonded tour operator with the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) No.5844. Your financial protection is covered by our bond with ABTA. In the unlikely event of financial failure before departure, the appropriate bond will be applied to the refund of your trip payments. If the trip is underway, the bond will be applied to complete the trip.
14) The booking conditions may only be waived by a Director of Wilderness Scotland in writing. When you sign the booking form you agree to accept all these booking conditions, and when we accept your booking we agree to carry out our obligations to you as defined in holiday information provided to you. If you pay a deposit on behalf of other people, they also become bound to these conditions at the time of payment. Both sides of this agreement are made subject to and must be interpreted and enforced according to Scottish Law in a Scottish Court.
15) We take our responsibility for your right to privacy seriously. The way we process your data respects this and we would like to point you to our Privacy Notice for further details.
Clients travelling with us on our adventure holidays benefit from guides taking photographs of the group and individuals within it. These are shared via a link to our photo sharing site Smugmug so you have a memento of your trip. The functionality exists for all clients to share their photos at the end of a trip. Wilderness Scotland will only use the guide’s photos for promotional purposes, and will not use the photos clients choose to share with their fellow travellers.
Wilderness Scotland Ltd
This has quickly risen to the top of my short list of trips I must do again (along with the Outer Hebrides!). Beautiful scenery, great undulating rides, wonderful accommodations. Highly recommend!
Road Cycling - The Five Countries
Reviewed on 08/10/2018
Rated 4.87 out of 5 based on 4,399 reviewsRead More Reviews
Best Adventure Travel Companies
Green Tourism Gold Approved
High-End Experiential Travel
Leading Green Tour Operator
50 tours of a lifetime
Be the first to hear about new trips, locations and activities with our monthly newsletter
Specialists in offering a range of adventure holidays, tours and incredible wilderness experiences. Wilderness Ireland take their clients to the most remote and beautiful regions of Ireland, all while staying at the most welcoming accommodations and delivering outstanding customer service.Visit Website
The ultimate collection of European cycling holidays. BSpoke's cycling experts can tailor-make your perfect cycling holiday where you can travel at your own pace or in a group of like-minded individuals. A BSpoke Tour is all about being as restful or as adventurous as you desire.Visit Website
Britain's original ski travel agency and tailor-made ski tour operator, Ski Solutions has been arranging ski holidays for over 30 years across Europe and North America. The Ski Solutions team are all skiing experts, and their wealth of knowledge and passion for the mountains will ensure you experience a truly memorable ski holiday.Visit Website
Cycling for Softies is a luxury cycling tour operator providing gourmet cycling adventures in France and Italy. These are leisurely cycling tours winding through vineyards and staying in high end accommodation where the emphasis is as much on the food and wine as the cycling. Welcome to life in the easy lane.Visit Website