What is Munro Bagging?
- A Munro is a mountain in Scotland over 3000ft
- There are 282 Munros – here they are listed in order of height!
- People like to hill walk/hike up to the top of them. When you hit the summit, you’ve bagged a Munro.
- The beauty of wanting to bag all 282 of them is that in committing to do so, you open up the opportunity to see an incredible breadth of Scotland’s outstanding and dramatic landscape.
- When you’ve bagged all 282 Munros, you’re considered a Munroist. And that’s when you start getting a lot of knowing nods, kudos and respect.
- Once you’re all done with those, most people have ignited a love for the hills they can’t extinguish, so they move on to some of the smaller (but equally impressive) hills like Corbetts or Grahams.